One of the questions I am asked often is: What makes a successful campaign? There is one word that sums it all up. HOPE.
No matter what type of campaign you are running, from large budget advertising to viral social marketing, hope is always the answer.
We all hope for something every day. The hope to be happier, thinner, look better, make more money, be healthy, have more friends, find true love, etc., everything comes down to hope.
So now that you know this, how can you make it work for you? Look at your product or service and ask yourself, what is it about this offer that people want?
If you run a tax prep business you are selling the hope of not only receiving a refund, but also the hope that doing taxes this year will be easy.
If you a massage therapist, your customers come to you hoping to feel better or more relaxed.
If you do cooking videos on social media, people will view with the hope to learn how to cook something new or better.
Hope springs eternal, but is also your key to success. Tap into hope and you can sell or market anything.
Today is February 29th, the extra day found in leap year. Does this mean it is time to take a leap? Time to do something bold, different and new? My question is what have you been waiting for? You do not need a day that comes around once ever four years to tell you to do something different. You should be doing this always and often.
I am not advocating being reckless, but playing it safe is how you stay the same, how you stay in a rut. If you are happy with where you are, then great. But I bet that you had to take a lot of leaps to get to where you are now.
Look to your mentors and role models. Look at the leaps they have taken. If you want success, if you want to go after your dreams, then take the leap and do it often
So, who is up for a game of Leap Frog? Lets get leaping.
Lets continue to talk about success and what it takes to get there.
Success is never easy. Everyone has heard the saying, it has taken me years to become an overnight success. It takes hard work, a little luck and a lot of audacity. You are your own champion. Do not expect others to do it for you. With that said, here are a few more tips from my list on how to succeed.
13. You will make mistakes. No matter how good you are at what you do, there will be mistakes. The trick is to bounce back. Do not let your mistakes beat you. Accept it, bounce back and move on.
14. Relationships in business are key. No matter what you do. Some relationships will be great and some will have you questioning why are you working with this person. It is OK to cut ties, but do not burn bridges. You never know what the future holds and if your paths may cross again.
15. Trust your instinct. There will always be advice and lots of it. Take what you feel is best for you and leave the rest. Not all advice is the same, if you do not connect with it, move on.
16. Why be tied down and incur expenses you do not need. Whether you are a start-up or been in business for years, the cost of rent, phones, infrastructure can add up fast and hurt your bottom line. So forget the office. I do not necessarily mean work from home. There are co-working and shared office spaces all across the country. They have the infrastructure you will need and at a fraction of the cost. Plus you will open yourself up to meet new people and expand your business and your network.
So there you go, 16 tips for success. Your business is a great journey, enjoy the ride and make your dreams happen.
Keep your eye on this blog often for new postings, tips, stories and more.
OK, lets get started. Do you want to succeed in business? Do you want to live the life you have envisioned for yourself? It not only takes work but also truly doing what you love. Here are some real tips to succeed in today's world.
1. Have 100% confidence in what you are doing. Whether you own your own business or work for a corporation, make sure it is what you love to do. If not, learn to fake it. A large key to success is confidence. If you do not have, why would people want to work with you.
Think of it this way, when you are out on a date, what attracts you to someone. Looks, humor, etc., are important but they are nothing without confidence. Know what you want and go for it.
2. If you do not enjoy it, don't do it. Yes, switching careers or finding a new job is tough and we all have bills to pay. But if you want to find real success, it only can come from having a passion in what you do. Your work is something you will be doing everyday, you should enjoy it.
3. When it comes to figuring out how to do it, do not think what is the least expensive to the fastest way to get it done. Think what is the most fantastic and amazing way to do it and go for it.
4. One of my favorite authors is Seth Godin and his book "Purple Cow". If you have not read it, what are you waiting for. The premise is simple - if you see a cow it does not truly grab your attention anymore. What if you saw a Purple Cow? Now that will get your attention.
5. That bring us to being bold. So be bold, Be visible. Be unique. Clients and consumer see the same thing every day. Would you want to work with someone who is the same as everyone else?
6. No matter what you career make sure to sell what people are buying. You could be great at what you do, but if no one wants it, who cares. Be the best at what people truly want.
7. Make it easy for people to spend money. This may sound simple, but so many people forget. Have a Square for credit cards, take PayPal, of course take cash. When people want to pay you, take it.
8. If you are holding an event or fundraiser, make it easy for people to bring friends. Offer 2-1 or other promos. The more people in the room, the more people you have to sell to. The more potential clients. I am not saying lose money on the event, but if you know that your budget is covered, allow more people to come for free.
9. Ask. My consulting clients and friends have heard me beat this one to death but it still amazes me how many people do not do it. If you want something, ASK FOR IT. Clients and customers cannot read your mind, if you do not ask, how do they know. That means ask for the sale, the referral, the testimonial, the social site likes, what ever it is, ASK.
10. Keep learning. You will never know it all. It is OK to say I do not know, but then go find out how to do it or find someone who knows how and work with them on the project. Never say no to business when you can learn how.
11. Find a Mentor. We all need advice, no matter who we are or at what stage of our careers we are at. A mentor does not always mean someone you have coffee with once a week. It can be an author you love, someone you follow on-line and a favorite blog. I have mentors. so should you.
12. Be Prepared. One of my favorite quotes from Richard Branson "Chance favors the prepared mind. The more you practice, the luckier you will become".
I will share some additional tips later this week, but for now this dozen will help lead your way.